Art Therapy...

My name is Kavita Gandhi and I created KavitaKriti (Creations by Kavita).

My speciality is Indian luxury hand painted silk scarves. Through KavitaKriti my hope is to create awe-inspiring silk scarves with an honest reflection of my Indian roots. Growing up I was surrounded by Indian textiles and embroideries and always marveled at the craftsmanship of what I saw. KavitaKriti is an avenue for me to pay homage to these wonderful art forms and represent them to you in my own way.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pink and Orange: perfect Indian colors

Hand painted silk scarf, KavitaKriti, ooak ethnic scarf, indian silk scarves, bohemian gypsy scarf
KavitaKriti, indian color palette

Pink and Orange are quintessential Indian colors in my opinion.

Pink represents romance, love, fidelity, friendship and honor. Orange represents fire, lust, vigor, excitement, adventure and attraction. A typical Bollywood movie isn't it? Also the perfect color for spring... the season for L O V E. In this lovely handmade silk scarf, a pink monochromatic color scheme is accentuated with a red-orange contrast border.





The perfect colors to pair with this scarf? For a more subtle look, choose a hue from this analogous color scheme.
KavitaKriti, indian color palette
For a little oomph, pair the scarf with a hue from this triadic color scheme.
KavitaKriti, indian color palette

No comments: