Art Therapy...

My name is Kavita Gandhi and I created KavitaKriti (Creations by Kavita).

My speciality is Indian luxury hand painted silk scarves. Through KavitaKriti my hope is to create awe-inspiring silk scarves with an honest reflection of my Indian roots. Growing up I was surrounded by Indian textiles and embroideries and always marveled at the craftsmanship of what I saw. KavitaKriti is an avenue for me to pay homage to these wonderful art forms and represent them to you in my own way.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Elephant Parade - Crepe silk, Indian luxury hand painted silk scarf

KavitaKriti - Indian luxury silk scarves. Hand painted. Hand Dyed. Handmade.
The Elephant Parade is a lovely pure crepe silk scarf in luscious vermillion red and copper rust orange. A row of elephants and fish adorn one end of the scarf like a decorated sari border. The colors are vibrant and rich and very Indian. The style of the scarf is typical of tie-dye dupattas in India.

Measurements: 10 x 58 inches (25 x 147 cm)



Shop at KavitaKriti

KavitaKriti - Indian luxury silk scarves. Hand painted. Hand Dyed. Handmade.
KavitaKriti - Indian luxury silk scarves. Hand painted. Hand Dyed. Handmade.


The henna elephant and fish motifs are whimsical but still reflect tradition. Looking at the design reminds me of an Indian wedding invitation actually and the elephants and fish are part of the parade :)

My color palette for this scarf from the Color Palette Generator
KavitaKriti - Indian luxury silk scarves. Hand painted. Hand Dyed. Handmade.
Harmonizing palettes matching colors in my scarf from COLOURlovers

KavitaKriti - Indian luxury silk scarves. Hand painted. Hand Dyed. Handmade.KavitaKriti - Indian luxury silk scarves. Hand painted. Hand Dyed. Handmade.

And now my styleboard

The Elephant Parade
Kaboodle
The Elephant Parade... by kavitakriti

The colors in this scarf, orange and rust, are intimately Indian to me. And I'm not at all surprised that hot pink and luscious lime green are proving to be good accent colors against the scarf. Indian fashion already markets these groups of colors together and I guess this styleboard just proves why. It works!!! Amber gold and chocolate are basic staples and my orange-rust scarf works beautifully against them. Good styleboard exercise people!!! :)

4 comments:

Joy Light Designer said...

Kavita, I love how you used the palette generator do develop The Elephant Parade style board! Your elephant shawl is exquisite and my favorite thing on the style board is the chunky lime green necklace!

Joy
Joysilk.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Joy! I adore the green necklace as well and am feeling particularly partial to the chocolate blouse :)
Thanks for sharing the link to the Color Palette Generator.

Reshma at masalamangomantra.blogspot.com said...

Thats a gorgeous palette! I think I should use the color palette generator as well. Seems pretty marvellous!

Unknown said...

It's a fun tool Reshma.