Art Therapy...

My name is Kavita Gandhi and I created KavitaKriti (Creations by Kavita).

My speciality is Indian luxury hand painted silk scarves. Through KavitaKriti my hope is to create awe-inspiring silk scarves with an honest reflection of my Indian roots. Growing up I was surrounded by Indian textiles and embroideries and always marveled at the craftsmanship of what I saw. KavitaKriti is an avenue for me to pay homage to these wonderful art forms and represent them to you in my own way.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Turning over a new leaf :)

A fellow silk painter posted a link to a really nifty tool that allows you to generate a color story based on a photograph and looking at that gave me a terrific idea. I have been thinking about creating a storyboard for my scarves for quite some time and I think I have finally figured out a way to do it.

My goal from this point on will be to try and showcase each of my scarves and provide you with some good color palettes that you can work with to match with the showcased scarf. This will give you a good idea of what you can wear with the scarf... something casual or something dressy, good color combinations that work together etc.. You get the idea ;)

And besides it's a great learning tool for me as well as I will get new ideas on what colors just hit it off. Can't wait to get started!

No comments: