Art Therapy...

My name is Kavita Gandhi and I created KavitaKriti (Creations by Kavita).

My speciality is Indian luxury hand painted silk scarves. Through KavitaKriti my hope is to create awe-inspiring silk scarves with an honest reflection of my Indian roots. Growing up I was surrounded by Indian textiles and embroideries and always marveled at the craftsmanship of what I saw. KavitaKriti is an avenue for me to pay homage to these wonderful art forms and represent them to you in my own way.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sand Dunes - Crepe silk, Indian luxury hand painted silk scarf

KavitaKriti - Indian Luxury silk scarves, hand painted, handmade
Sand Dunes is a breathtaking pure crepe silk scarf in brown, black, rust and caramel shades. The colors in this scarf are rich and warm and can accentuate any formal wardrobe beautifully. The style of the scarf is typical of tie-dye dupattas in India.
KavitaKriti - Indian Luxury silk scarves, hand painted, handmadeKavitaKriti - Indian Luxury silk scarves, hand painted, handmade


A henna inspired peacock motif decorates one end of the scarf. The other short end of the scarf is embellished with a string of henna flowers.

Measurements: 10 x 63 inches (25 x 160 cm)



Shop at KavitaKriti




The henna peacock motif is stunning and the rust, copper, caramel, chocolate, black colors of the scarf are regal.

My color palette for this scarf from the Color Palette Generator
KavitaKriti - Indian Luxury silk scarves, hand painted, handmade


Harmonizing palettes matching colors in my scarf from COLOURlovers
KavitaKriti - Indian Luxury silk scarves, hand painted, handmadeKavitaKriti - Indian Luxury silk scarves, hand painted, handmade

And now my styleboard

Sand Dunes
Kaboodle
Sand Dunes by kavitakriti



Copper, rust and chocolate make for a rich and regal combination in this hand painted silk scarf. The scarf works beautifully against muted beige or taupe but it definitely enhances a wardrobe in burgundy, mahogany or rust. A lime or olive green contrast may only work for a few but it is an interesting pairing nevertheless.

No comments: